German company plans large plant in Pleasant Prairie

Published Friday, March 8, 2019
by BizTimes Milwaukee

Germany-based global health care company Fresenius Kabi is planning to set up shop in a proposed 590,525-square-foot manufacturing facility in the new Stateline 94 Corporate Park in Pleasant Prairie.

The developer of the 125-acre business park, which is located east of Interstate 94, south of 104th Street and North of 122nd Street, is requesting the village to approve preliminary site and operational plans for the new facility to be built northeast of 120th Avenue and 122nd Street, according to a village staff report. It will be the first manufacturing plant built in the business park.

Pleasant Prairie’s Plan Commission is scheduled to take up the request on Monday evening.

The new building will serve as an order-processing, assembly and fulfillment center for Fresenius Kabi, which specializes in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. The company’s corporate headquarters are in Bad Homburg, Germany, and its U.S. headquarters is in Lake Zurich, Illinois.

According to a village staff report, the company estimates it will initially employ about 100 people at its new facility, with that number potentially growing to as much as 164 by 2028. The average wage of employees is estimated to be $54,065 a year. About 35 percent of the jobs will be related to office and technical functions, which will have average salaries of $79,000 a year; the other 65 percent of jobs will be related to operations and production, and will come with salaries averaging $41,400 a year.

“Our new location in southeast Wisconsin will become our flag-ship facility in the U.S. and the largest of its kind,” the company wrote in a letter to the village. “Our locational decision is being driven by the proximity of the proposed site to our logistical network (both inbound and outbound), the pro-business economic climate in the State of Wisconsin, and the availability of competitive local and state level economic incentives.”

Rosemont, Illinois-based Venture One Real Estate and CRG, the private real-estate development arm of St. Louis-based design-build firm Clayco are developing the facility.

Scott Brandwein, David Saad and Jason Lev of CBRE represented Fresenius Kabi in the transaction. Eric Fischer, Keith Puritz and Brett Kroner of Cushman Wakefield represented Stateline 94.

Clayco will serve as design-build firm on the project, while St. Louis firm BatesForum will act as project architect. The project is expected to finish in the first quarter of 2020.


Back to top